Reprocessing and Sterilization of Reusable Medical Devices V3 EN
Accreditation Canada’s Standards for the Reprocessing and Sterilization of Reusable Medical Devices address the safe and effective reprocessing and sterilization of reusable medical devices in health care facilities, with the object of achieving an adequate level of sterility assurance and minimizing the risk of injury to the operators of reprocessing and sterilization equipment. These standards were initially developed for Accreditation Canada’s national program, Qmentum, in conjunction with the Canadian Standards Association. These standards have been adapted for our Qmentum International Program and reflect International Organization for Standardization (ISO) requirements for the sterilization of medical devices.
The Reprocessing and Sterilization standards contain the following subsections:
- Building a High Performing Reprocessing Service
- Complying with Good Reprocessing and Sterilization Practices
- Selecting, Installing, and Maintaining Safe Reprocessing Equipment
- Conducting Safe and Appropriate Reprocessing and Sterilization of Reusable Devices and Equipment
- Having a Positive Impact on Outcomes