Medication Management Standards for Community-Based Organizations V3 EN
Medication Management Standards for Community-Based Organizations promote a collaborative approach to preventing and reducing medication errors and near misses by addressing all aspects of the medication management process, from selection and preparation to administration of the medication and ongoing monitoring of clients/residents.
Organizations are responsible for ensuring that the functions outlined in the medication management standards are completed by qualified individuals in line with their scope of practice and applicable regulations.
The standards contain the following sections:
- Planning Medication Management Activities
- Training and Competency
- Prescribing and Ordering Medications
- Preparing and Dispensing Medications
- Engaging Clients/Residents in Medication Safety
- Administering Medications
- Assisting with Medications
- Evaluating Medication Management Activities